Hello everyone! How are you guys doing? I know everyone has been (hopefully) self-distancing for the whole C-word virus. But I have some good news I wanted to share. This week I got my personal book copies! *YAY!* So I’ve been rereading my books as I’ve been staying home.
Now with the C-word happening and spreading in the US, I will be doing the rest of this college semester back at home. So I may be uploading blogs more than usual. Another thing is that I’ve been doing book photoshoots, as promotional pictures and advertisements. Stay tuned for those photos on my blog and social media.
My book blog tours have already begun too. I started a tour for each book, about a week apart. I’ll be posting about it in the future after it has finished. This is my first time doing any type of book blog touring, and so far it has been going great. My second book, Descendants of Time and Death, already has 5-star reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. I was so happy and excited for what is to come.
Oh, and book three is already in the works, so expect blogs about it too. Well, that is all I have for this Friday. I hope everyone is staying healthy, safe, and protected. I love you all and have a great weekend. And remember, live, love, and laugh!
- An Artist Who Loves to Write Books – RuthieonartCheck out my latest guess blog post about my love of art ￼and writing! My name is Winnie Tataw. I am a two-time published author. And the third book of my fantasy series The Gods Scion will be out in December. — Read on ruthieonart.biz/an-artist-who-loves-to-write-books/
- Author Spotlight: Alisha HowardHello everyone! Welcome to another author spotlight! These will be posts where I discuss and showcase, predominantly women and people of color, their writing talents and published works. So without further ado let’s get on with the Author Spotlight! Meet the Author! Alisha Howard lives in the middle of America with her husband, daughter and a handful of animals. She enjoys watching old Charmed episodes (the original!), reading random Wikipedia articles and writing epic adventure series. What and when started your love for writing? I began writing when I was 8 years old. At first, it was only super short stories hidden in my many diaries, but eventually, the stories evolved into full-length novels. Of all of the book genres, what drew you to write about yours? I love escaping into a magical world full of adventure and mischief! When I was growing up, I didn’t see a lot of YA Fantasy written with Black girls as the main protagonist which was a bummer because I wanted to read about people who looked like me on those crazy adventures. So I started writing my own. If you could meet your favorite author who would it be and why? Maya Angelou for sure. I’d just love […]
- Author Spotlight: Vanessa RobinsonHello everyone! Welcome to another author spotlight! These will be posts where I discuss and showcase, predominantly people of color, their writing talents, and published works. So without further ado let’s get on with the Author Spotlight! Meet the Author! Vanessa Robinson is an Author, Writer, Content Writer, and aspiring screenwriter. Out of her many talents, Vanessa specializes in all elements of creative writing. Her passion is creating controversial characters and plots, which prompted her to write her debut novel, Her Blood. What and when started your love for writing? My love for writing started when I was a little girl. I loved music and books. Music was my outlet and I started writing my own songs, then poetry and then short stories. I used to tell my grandmother I wanted to be a journalist until I discovered the word I was looking for was actually called an Author. I wanted to create my own books, not like anyone else.s Once I started writing I couldn’t live without it, I fell in love with words and they can be manipulated. Of all of the book genres, what drew you to write about yours? I loved reading thriller and mystery books, I would break them down and […]
- Built By Us: Why DIY?Hey everyone, how are you doing? Today we aren’t going to do a project today, since I’m starting and making my way back to college. So we’re going to dive into the wonderful beauties of DIY. Think of this as a learning and introduction blog about DIY. And why I love it so much! Why DIY? What I wouldn’t ask you why not?! DIY projects are such fun in an affordable way to decorate any space in your house, apartment, or place of living. You don’t have to use too many materials for a lot of these projects too (or a lot of money). It’s just fun and simple ways to really make any place yours a more personalized. Plus you get a little glee out of knowing that you’re the one who made your area unique to you. There are so many different DIY projects with steps in tutorials on Pinterest (or even on this blog ) that are simple and easy to follow and the results are always gorgeous! Why do I love DIY? Oh, where do I begin?! I love DIY because there are so many things you can do. There are so many things you can […]
- Author Spotlight: Ann Marie BryanHello everyone! Welcome to another author spotlight! These will be posts where I discuss and showcase, predominantly women and people of color, their writing talents and published works. So without further ado let’s get on with the Author Spotlight! Meet the Author! Ann Marie Bryan is a Christian Fiction author who writes to inspire and empower others. She desires to tell great stories with fascinating characters to show the awesome power of God in the lives of people and places. Her greatest passion is to empower others to succeed by tapping into their God-given potential. She enjoys writing, reading, dancing, teaching, meeting people and traveling. With all the knowledge and experiences that God has so graciously blessed her with, Ann Marie is determined to make her life a ministry for the Lord. What and when started your love for writing? I’m an author but truthfully, writing a book was nowhere on my list of things to do. I have always been an avid reader but becoming an author never crossed my mind. However, after I got married, several of my friends and relatives (some living miles away) wanted to know how I met my husband. They knew that I had been single for […]