Hello everyone! How are you guys doing? I know everyone has been (hopefully) self-distancing for the whole C-word virus. But I have some good news I wanted to share. This week I got my personal book copies! *YAY!* So I’ve been rereading my books as I’ve been staying home.
Now with the C-word happening and spreading in the US, I will be doing the rest of this college semester back at home. So I may be uploading blogs more than usual. Another thing is that I’ve been doing book photoshoots, as promotional pictures and advertisements. Stay tuned for those photos on my blog and social media.
My book blog tours have already begun too. I started a tour for each book, about a week apart. I’ll be posting about it in the future after it has finished. This is my first time doing any type of book blog touring, and so far it has been going great. My second book, Descendants of Time and Death, already has 5-star reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. I was so happy and excited for what is to come.
Oh, and book three is already in the works, so expect blogs about it too. Well, that is all I have for this Friday. I hope everyone is staying healthy, safe, and protected. I love you all and have a great weekend. And remember, live, love, and laugh!
- Author Spotlight: Ashley B. WritingHello everyone! Welcome to another Author Spotlight! These spotlights are for showcasing author’s (predominantly women and people of color) writing talents and published works. So without further ado let’s get on with the Author Spotlight! About the Author: I’m Ashley Hudson From Baton Rouge, La. I’m 39 years Old. I have four Books out Alright, working on book number 5 call Sexual Appetite. What and when started your love for writing? What and when started your love for writing. Back in middle school, Poetry class ever since than I love writing to my soul. Of all of the book genres, what drew you to write about yours? I Love, Love I like to write about Love and the affect, love have on people and different levels of love. How is your style of writing different from other authors or how is it the same? My style of writing is different cause for one I goes deep to a level or levels that people won’t talk about. If you could meet your favorite author who would it be and why? If I could meet my favorite author it will be Terry Woods. I love her Style it’s Gangsta, Tough, Rough, and it shows heart. What […]
- Author Spotlight: Janay HardenHello everyone! Welcome to another Author Spotlight! These spotlights are for showcasing author’s (predominantly women and people of color) writing talents and published works. So without further ado let’s get on with the Author Spotlight! About the Author: Janay’s passion for words began when she spent hours reading borrowed books from the local library where her love for words were homegrown. She served as the editor of her high school newspaper, and for years tended to her craft until she and it were ready. Janay attended Rutgers University where she received a Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Social Work. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, School Social Worker and Mental Health Therapist. To date, she has held many titles but her favorites are mentor, mental health advocate, and melanin story teller. What and when started your love for writing? I’ve always had a love for words and the ways someone could put them together, invoking emotions. As an adult, I got into the mental health field and I began writing mental health evaluations and assessments. When one of my supervisors noted that my assessments “read like a novel,” I finally thought, what the heck. Let me try my hand […]
- The Author’s Guide to Character TypesHey you! How’s it going. For this week, and the follow, for BBU: Build-a-Book we are discussing book characters. We are going to be diving into my guide to character types. I hope this article will be helpful to other aspiring authors, in how they construct their book characters. (All sources are linked). Now without further ado, let’s get into the guide! What is the difference between Character Types and Character Roles? It might not seem like it but there is a (small) difference between a character type and character role. Thought others may argue that they are one in the same. It all depends on the author’s perception. For me I do separate the two, but I can understand why others don’t. A character role is the purpose a character serves in a story. The would be the protagonist/hero, antagonist/villain, love interest, etc. A character type is who/what the character is; their persona if you will. There are many different character types, but I’ll be discussing the most common ones I and other authors write about. Round Character A round character is a prominent character who demonstrates the fluidity and the ability to shift from the moment we meet […]
- Book Spotlight: Woman by the PenthouseHello and welcome to another Book Spotlight! Book Spotlights are for any author of any genre to promote one (or soon to be) published book. So without further ado, let’s get on with the spotlight! Genre: Fantasy Romance Price: $16.50 Book Series: The Love Tetralogy Book Number: 3 Book Blurb: Lex Fisher is like a broken character in literature according to Porter, not a whore according to Ethan, what takes his breath away according to Zayn, and his lady in red according to Briar. But who is Lex Fisher? She is already lost comprehending a life with emotion and having a love-hate relationship with it. Yet things only become worse when she is held hostage in a mystery man’s penthouse, who only wants one thing from her. A purebred he called it, which she is already carrying but must hide as the intentions for this child aren’t positive. She is however shocked to discover that her one true love is alive. With mind games, manipulation, magic, much internal conflict, and a past full of love and abandonment that comes back to haunt her, will Lex be able to utilize and notice the strength in herself she fails to see? Will […]
- Author Spotlight: Letrise T. CarterHello everyone! Welcome to another Author Spotlight! These spotlights are for showcasing author’s (predominantly women and people of color) writing talents and published works. So without further ado let’s get on with the Author Spotlight! About the Author: Letrise Carter was born in the Deep South but uprooted as a young child to the Midwest where she would grow up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin while keeping her southern roots her parents would send her to the south during summers. Letrise has always loved writing from middle school through adulthood. The writing was always her passion and way to escape into her imagination. Her creative thinking made her storytelling seem real. Letrise graduate from Lakeland College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and then completed her Master’s degree in Accounting and Financial Management. Becoming a mother shifted her dreams of becoming a journalist to a more conservative role in Corporate.Having worked in corporate America, it would be the “empty nest” feeling that she would rediscover her gifts, passion, and love for storytelling by launching her first Blog titled Sistah’s Place2 and then Sistah’s Place Entertainment where she would grow that platform showcasing indie artists in film, theater, literary, and television. What and […]